The overarching goal of the RESPECT project is to support the implementation of comprehensive climate risk management in Austria. A practical and holistic climate risk management will be developed together with experts, decision-makers, private sector representatives, and the population concerned.
More specifically, the RESPECT Project is pursuing the following goals:
- A compilation of climate risk information for Austria.
- Application of this information, in combination with a spatial and temporal risk assessment, to identify current risk levels, possible future scenarios, as well as potential intervention measures.
- Identification and allocation of common roles and responsibilities in climate risk management through participatory implementation of the risk portfolio methods at the local level.
- Identification of the potential fiscal risks for Austria if implicit or explicit climate risks are undertaken by public and private actors and become *striking in the public budget balancing.
- Closing the gap between research, practice, and politics regarding comprehensive climate risk management.
- Integration of information at different administrative levels to reconcile local and national needs, as well as courses of action.
Z_GIS leads the WP on ‘Synthesising climate risk information for Austria’ and aims to develop a spatial-explicit climate change risk assessment for floods and agricultural drought
Instrument: ACRP (Austrian Climate Research Program)
Partners: IIASA (Coordinator), University of Graz, alpS, Umweltbundesamt, Spatial Services GmbH
Project Volume: 250.000 EUR, ZGIS share: 14.157 EUR
Contact Person: Stefan Kienberger
Researchers Involved: Jutta-Lucia Leis
Duration: 06.2017 – 05.2019
Project Website: https://respectproject.net/